Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The latest

Hello, hello!

There hasn't been too much going on, but I'll blog anyway just in case someone else finds this stuff exciting! Each little section is about something different, so don't be confused when I go from babies to Star Wars...

As you know, I don't have siblings. This obviously means no nieces or nephews for me unless I marry into that. That basically sucks 'cause I love babies.
Well, Clay's sister, Niki, and her husband, Steve, are expecting a baby in June! I am SO excited even though I'm not even related :)
We have all been waiting to know the sex of the baby, and on Thursday of last week we finally found out! They had a "reveal" party at Clay and Niki's parents' house. Niki baked cupcakes that contained either pink or blue icing in the middle of it. To find out what the sex of the baby was, we bit into the cupcake to see the color of the icing! I have seen something similar to this on Cake Boss and thought it was a fantastic idea. It was really fun, too! Annnnd....

IT'S A BOY!

I did finally finish all of the Star Wars paintings for my Etsy sale on Saturday! I'm hoping to sell some more!

 

I also added two more characters to my collection (and I made the pattern for them all on my own which is really exciting!)-- Han Solo and Obi Wan Kenobi! They haven't been painted yet, though.


Clay and I have crazy schedules that don't usually meet up, so we did my birthday dinner last night. He took me to Ruth's Chris! And it was absolutely amazing. I hadn't ever been before. I just can't get over how delicious everything was. For an appetizer we had barbequed shrimp. I got steak and mac&cheese, then they brought out a chocolate moose/cheesecake thing for my birthday. It was awesome! I have a wonderful boyfriend :)





The thing I am MOST excited about is that I leave for Disney World with my love in 17 DAYS!!! According to the countdown widget, it's 16 days. But that's a tease. We don't even leave until 5 PM on the 17th, so I feel like I (unfortunately) have to count that day, too. We have some awesome plans, and I just cannot contain my excitement. We will be there during Mardi Gras, so I bought one of the cheesy large-striped purple, green, and gold polo shirts to represent.

That's pretty much all that has been going on lately other than the dreadful school and work.  See you later!

XoXo,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment