Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Phi Lamb Rush! And other news.

Hey y'all!

So, I finished rush for Phi Lamb! I don't have all the pictures yet... someone else took the pictures from the first night (the mock meeting) and the Progressive Dinner night. I'll add those if and when I get them.  I do have some from the 80's party though!

For the progressive dinner, we all separated into small groups and carpooled to different Active's apartments. It was a really good social event- I met A LOT of girls I still hadn't met. We had wraps, veggies, dip, pinwheels, and then we all met up again to eat ice cream. It was a lot of fun.
First stop in the dinner! Some actives and new pledges.
My "Lamb Pal" was Louann, on the far left in front

On commitment night, there was an 80's party. That was fun too. We had to do a little bingo type game in which we had a small sheet of paper with different squares, each containing something like "eye color" or "major." We had to go around and find a different girl for each square that shared the quality that square said. It was also a really good way to meet other girls. Everyone looked awesome in the costumes, too. They played 80's music for the longest time and we all somehow found a way to dance to it. It was just a really good bonding time for all of us. All the pledges (that's me) got to leave with a little picture frame with our letters on it. AND WE ATE CANE'S! I love Cane's :D

Everyone's really into singing I Don't Want to Miss a Thing


Julia, Camryn, and Me


Camryn and Me! (I know Camryn from my dorm
last year)

Julia and me in front of our letters
All I have left to do is a "tea party."  Each girl who wants to pledge meets at PJ's coffee for an interview to meet some of the execs.  After that, I'm an official pledge! Mine is today at 2:30 PM.

In other news: I woke up sick yesterday morning. I feel like I'm ALWAYS sick. If Clay and I ever have kids, they're totally screwed between my immune system and his allergies.

Tonight, I'm going to try to knock out at least half of the six Star Wars paintings I have to do by the weekend... Thank goodness I don't work until Friday so I have some time after school to do this! (If you're lost on what the heck I'm talking about, I painted a set of six Star Wars character paintings for Clay a little while ago, then listed them on Etsy as made-to-order. Someone on Etsy bought the whole set!)

More later...
XoXo
-E

1 comment:

  1. You must have been reading my mind! I was wondering how your 80's night went, and how you were doing with your paintings. Love the pictures, and looks like a great group of girls.

    Sorry you're feeling bad. Hope you feel better soon and we're looking forward to seeing you soon!

    ReplyDelete