Friday, April 13, 2012

Feeling Crafty

Hi y'all

It's definitely been a while since I've blogged- sorry! I honestly have just been swamped in work and school, tests, homework, tutoring (but that's finally over), etc. so I haven't had time. Plus, nothing interesting has been going on so I wouldn't have had anything to write about.

Right now, I'm on Spring Break. I didn't get to take a long vacation, but my roommate Hannah and I went to the beach for two days. We stayed in Gulf Breeze, which is the little place in between Pensacola and Pensacola Beach, so we were super close to Pensacola Beach but didn't have to pay a lot of money.
On the way there, we stopped at the outlet mall in Gulfport and went shopping. It was a lot of fun and we got a lot of good stuff for cheap!
After that, we made our way to our hotel and layed out the small private beach they had. We had dinner at this place called the Fish House, where I had AWESOME shrimp and grits. It had some cream sauce with bacon and other stuff I didn't even know what it was, but it was good. So good I felt like I should tell y'all.

The next day we went to the boardwalk and ate and walked around, then spent a few hours on the beach again. We caught a baby puffer fish with our bare hands! It was really cute. I'm not even sure if it was really a puffer fish but it looked like one and puffed up like one.

We also had an encounter with an evil goose. The thing came out of nowhere and followed Hannah and me when we were walking back to our chairs. When we got to our chairs, it got out of the water and started coming toward us. I know from my aunt having goose trouble in the past that they are not animals you wanna mess with. So I bolted. Hannah was able to swoop in an grab some of her stuff real quick, but I didn't even try- so I wasn't able to get any pictures of it. It tried to steal Hannah's mat and my beach towel. Any time Hannah would go towards it, it would flare up its wings and growl. IT WAS SO EVIL. It finally went to drink water, so we snuck in and grabbed our stuff and went to the pool. The beach wasn't big enough to escape the goose.

On the way home, we stopped and pigged out on Dairy Queen because it was our last fast food experience. We vowed to stop eating fast food and drinking soda... and when we figured out our small meal there was 1000 calories, it only made me feel better about doing it.

Even though it was a very short trip, it was nice to get away. Every day of the break, other than those two days, I'm working. But, since I don't have school, I've been able to relieve my itch to craft!

I've been wanting to paint a certain thing for my parents' boat, and I was finally able to do it last night.
     
   Just the background
Finished product

I came home from work yesterday and just sat on my back porch and painted.  The quote is an Emerson quote that I really like, and I felt like it fit their dream that they are working on making a reality. (Click the pictures to enlarge them!)

I woke up this morning and sewed something, too. I can't post it yet because it's a gift, but I'll post a blog about it after I give it to the recipient! I'll probably do the tutorial on it for y'all. I'm really excited about it! I'm probably going to wind up sewing something else to go with it, but again, I can't say what it is! It's killing me. Here's a sneak peak- but I promise you won't guess it if I haven't personally told you what it is. I hadn't even heard of it till I found it while hunting down projects on a craft blog.

I also have another painting in the works that it almost done- another quote painting. It should be done tomorrow! *fingers crossed*
And after I finish that one, I have another Star Wars character painting to do. It's a new one that I came up with the pattern for, so I'm hoping it comes out okay! I actually made a pattern for two different characters, but I'm probably only going to have the time to do one before the break is up.

Another thing I want to sew is a maxi dress. I found a really easy tutorial for it, but with all these paintings and other sewing projects going on, it'll be summer before I can do that. I have been feeling so crafty that I went overboard and put too many projects on my plate LOL.

That's all for now! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend :)

xoxo,
E

1 comment:

  1. So glad to see this! I was just thinking about your blog the other day and hoping you hadn't given it up ... I love your writing!

    Thank you sooo much for the painting! Me and Dad are very familiar with that quote and love it! Your picture will have a special place on Nirvana and will always be cherished!

    Too funny about the goose ... it does make me think of Aunt Lori .. LOL!

    The beach sounds so good right now ... and so does that shrimp and grits!

    Hey, you forgot to write about your formal? Ya'll looked great!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete